Orthodontics » Invisalign
Invisalign Patient Review
What is Invisalign®?
Invisalign® has changed the face of orthodontics. Instead of wires attached to your teeth, your teeth can now be straightened invisibly.
- The aligners are clear.You can straighten your teeth without anyone knowing.
- They are removable. Unlike braces, you can eat and drink what you want during treatment. You can also brush and floss normally to maintain good oral hygiene.
- They are comfortable. No metal brackets or wires to cause mouth irritation, and less time in the dentist's chair getting adjustments.
The Invisalign® has been proven effective in clinical research and in orthdontic practices nationwide. However, only a certified dentist like ours can undertake this procedure.
How Does Invisalign® Work?
Invisalign TeenTM offers the same effective technology that the standard system does, straightening teeth with a series of virtually invisible aligners— with additional features that compensate for Teen treatment challenges.
- A set of aligners are worn for about 2 weeks, removing them only to eat, drink, brush, and floss.
- As you replace each aligner with the next in the series, your teeth will move – little by little, week by week – until they have straightened to the final position the dentist has prescribed.
- You will visit us approximately once every 6 weeks to ensure that your treatment is progressing as planned.
- Total treatment time averages 11 months with the average number of aligners worn during treatment between 18 and 30. This of course will vary from case to case.
The aligners are made through a combination of our dentists' expertise and 3-D computer imaging technology provided by the company.
Don't hesitate to contact us to discuss any aspect of your dental health – we don't charge for giving advice!
We Are a Digital Impression Practice Proud Owners of an iTero® Element™ Intraoral Scanner
We'll Make a Great First Impression
The iTero Element Scanner is a state-of-the-art digital impression system that eliminates the need for messy putty in your mouth. With our iTero Element Scanner, we can digitally capture a detailed 3D model of your teeth and gums. Not only is this process far more comfortable than the old putty based impressions, but it's faster and can offer a superior clinical endpoint.
- No goop or gag to worry about
- Fast, accurate impression
- Ideal for crowns, bridges, implants, and Invisalign® clear aligners and retainers
- See a simulation of your potential treatment outcome
During the impression process, you can breathe or swallow as you normally would. You can even pause during the process if you need to sneeze or just want to ask a question. The scanner gives us a 3D model of your mouth that can be used for your dental services including the Invisalign Outcome Simulator to show you what your new smile might look like.